Saturday, July 28, 2007

Off to the Great Lakes Relay

And they're off! Not me though. This year I'm sitting on the sidelines because of a knee injury. All day I kept imagining them out there on the trails, moving runners from car to car as they high tail it from Rogers City to Empire in the longest relay event in the country! Arggggh. I'm about to lose my mind. I NEED some exercise!!!! Yesterday wasn't a good day for Marlene as depressing feelings of never being able to do any kind of athletic activities again swirled in my head. I became angry, felt sorry for myself, cried and even threw things. This is not how I want to live my life. Just about the time that I'd decided I'd go home and sneak in a bike ride (knowing darn well that I'd be hurting for days from it) the cell rang. "Hello? Yes, this is she. Oh, I'm being scheduled for the MRI? Oh good." They want to know things like your height and weight, if you have any metal implants, if you've ever had metal in your eyes, are you claustrophobic and such. Dah DAh and the cloud of misery lifted and parted from above her head.

No comments: