Thursday, October 23, 2008

Painted the Garage


So I didn't take a picture of this side of the garage before scraping and painting it, but it was pretty bad. The paint was basically hanging on it little strips all over it. I could just take a picture of the other side of the garage since it looks exactly the same as this once did! Anyway, here is a picture of it after painting it. The sun is starting to set so it doesn't look all that great, but what a difference a coat of paint makes. I pretty darn sure I painted the garage about 12 years ago and used Behr paint. It could have used a new paint job though 2 years ago.

The paint I chose is Valspar Duramax which has the primer built in. It's definitely thick enough to cover up a lot of the scraped and un-sanded siding of the garage. It covered in coat! There was a little bit of streakiness up in the gables where I working in overhead tight corners, but I touched them up a bit once I got out the roller and I can't see it anymore. I'm very satisfied with the application of this product. I wonder how durable it it.

No comments: