Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Neck Strap Beer Can Holder

Neck strap beer holderSince I'm on crutches and was heading out to the hash, I needed something tol hold my beer while I hobbled around. I came up with this little number. I referred to several different patterns on the net most of which were knitted from the top down; I wanted mine to be from the bottom up. As I knitted and made this up I wrote it down as this...

Material: size 5 dpns
Yarn: A small amount of two colors of sugar and cream cotton.
dpns - double pointed needles; size 5
crochet hook - Size G
Fabric Tac or needle and thread matching (SC)


Abbreviations:
st(s) - stitch(es)
K - Knit
KFB - Knit into the front st then before slipping st off knit into the back of the same stitch.
(MC) - main color
(SC) - stripe color

Cast on 6 sts in (MC). Divide the sts so there are 2 sts on each needle
Row 1: K
Row 2: KFB in each st (12 sts)
Rows 3-5: K
Row 6: KFB (24 sts)
Rows 7-10: K
Row 8: *K1, KFB* repeat to end (36 sts)
Rows 9 - 13 K
Rows 14 - 18: K with (SC)
Rows 19 - 30: K with (MC)
Rows 31 - 35: K with (SC)
Rows 36 - 38: K with (MC)
Neck strap beer holder bottomBO - I used a double crochet bind-off. For a regular BO I would K one more row before BO.

Neck Strap

Cast on 110 in (SC)
Row 1 -2: SC to end

I used Fabric Tac to secure the neck strap to the body. You could also sew it on.

IF I were to make another, I would spread out the increases for the bottom of the can to avoid a pucker; otherwise I'm pretty darn happy with it!

No comments: