Saturday, March 20, 2010

Knitting Groups

Every now and again I think to myself, "you should join a knitting group," then I search and I search and can't come up with any FREE knitting groups. Yes, free is a key! There is a yarn shop not more than 1/2 mile away, but the going price to sit and knit for one evening is $10. Um, no thanks. Other groups I've found for free only meet during the day when most people are working or are several cities away.

I've been pondering the idea of starting a knitting group in the Grosse Pointe Park Library since it's right down the street. I'm sure the children's section is quiet voice friendly. This location, if allowed, would be a starting point plus it's right on the border of Detroit and Grosse Pointe. Many knitting groups meet in coffee shops, but they don't have very comfortable seating. It would be fun to vary the location, but that requires a lot of planning and notifying. So tomorrow I will call the library and see what they have to say.

I know, I'm just blabbing and blogging with nothing really important to say so I'll just drop a few links to sites I like:

TECHknitting.blogspot.com
http://www.sewmamasew.com/
http://www.skiptomylou.org/

No comments: