Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sewing Machine Needle Identification Tip


Ever switch sewing machine needles and then not know which one was which? Even worse is trying to read that super tiny embossed identification on the needle itself!

After 5 minutes of trying to get the magnifying glass at the perfect angle with the perfect amount of light so I could read the numbers, I thought "There has got to be an easier way!"

Singer needles identify themselves with colored posts, but Schmetz needles don't and that coloring is very helpful. Now I really only use two types of needles so If just one of those were marked that would make life so much easier!

Quick Tip: Paint a little nail polish on the shaft of your needle. You'll have to ID the case the same way or if you're like me I often have my loose needles that are still good pushed into a small piece of card stock so they don't get mixed up with the brand new ones. Use different colors for different needle types!

No comments: