Monday, March 26, 2007

14 Mile Hurt - Week 12

Yikes. So 14 some miles shouldn't feel all that bad at this point in the game, right? Well, it did. Ok, so maybe not TOO bad, but still bad enough. Left quad still not very happy after last week's 20. Both knees just felt like they've been pounding the pavement too much. And my right big toe area was getting sore. HOWEVER, I did manage to bring my pace down from the 9:07 ave I'd ran through 12 for the remaining 2.5 miles to 8:31, 8:17, and 8:19 considering that wind was in my face for the last 1/2 mile I think I did pretty good. Am I pushing too hard?

Ice bath for 5 mins, got out for 5 mins, then got back in for 2 mins. My feet just hurt too bad to stay in anylonger (must be the frostbite). Hot tub after of course, but not for as long and NO beer this time. Also did S-caps at 5, 10 and upon return home.

Weekly mileage: 44.1
Yearly mileage: 460.3

No comments: