Thursday, March 22, 2007

2 Hour Lunch and Shakedown

I ran the Grand Prix Shakedown; a 5 mile race that included part of the actual race course that the cars will be on over the weekend. I did pretty well, considering I arrived with not quite enough time to prepare; I handed my purse to one of the gals in our running group OIY, it was hot. There wasn't nearly enough water stops; one at 2, 3 1/2 and 4 something. My mouth felt like I had cotton balls stuffed in it.

Kim won overall female. It would have been nice if Katie were there to run against her. Actually it would have been interesting to see who would come out on top. Amber was first in her age group as were Ken and Matt. Dave was fifth... not quite earning him "also ran" status. Mark didn't place either, but ran a great race; that 40 year old male group is quite competitive.In the 40 year old women group first was Liz, then Kathy then me....

I started out WAY too fast clocking a 7:40 for the first mile! I slowed down to about an 8:15 then the heat and wind in my face took it's toll for 2-3 1/2 where my pace dropped to about 8:30. I managed to crank out a blistering 8:17 for the last full mile and a 7:50 for the last 160 feet (like that counts).
I think it was about 11pm when we finally left. I had a great time.

No comments: