Saturday, March 22, 2008

Egg Blowing and Burgoo Night

Yes, an interesting combination to say the least. Take 2 crazy chicks blowing the innards out of raw eggs, half a dozen running friends, a hot tub, more beer and real Kentucky burgoo that proudly boasts "7 squirrels per pound" and it's sure to be an interesting evening.

While the rest of the gang went out for a 8-10 mile run or whatever, Kelly and I enthralled ourselves with egg blowing and attempting to do wax drawings on eggs. Kelly had way too much fun blowing out the eggs last night so there are lots to play with today. She did pretty good though and broke way less than I did while developing the method for emptying the egg without crushing it.

Tonight's memorables:
After Katie discovered a small squirrel bone in her burgoo. Brittany said, "Only in this group would someone pull something out of their mouth and hand it someone else for inspection."
This statement was preceded by Brittany stating "Those are the best homemade brownies I've ever had; the only thing I would have done differently is to put chocolate frosting on them." Oh my. There's like four kinds of chocolate in those! Ok wait, I have to remember that this is coming from a girl who has ice cream after breakfast only like 3 days a week now. Keep running Brittany!! You're too funny.This morning DH and I had a nice scrambled egg breakfast from the blown out egg innards with toast spread with homemade "grand champion peach" jam. Then after cleaning up the pots and pans, beer cans, and sweeping the floor I dove into my Easter egg creations. I have lots of thoughts going on right now on how to make little people and creature eggs. I've pretty much given up on the "Ukrainian Egg" designing... at least for right now.

No comments: