Wednesday, December 10, 2008

2 Scarves Finished and Gifted

Dna Scarf - modeled Heart scart - modeled

Well I finished up the DNA scarf which I gifted to my orthopedic surgeon; yes, I know he can afford to buy his own scarf, but I liked the pattern and needed a "purpose" to make it. I don't think there is anything that I could do to actually get it to not curl in on itself. I blocked it 3 times; once with a slight elevation on the cabled part; a second time with even more elevation to the cable and the last time I simply folded the thing in half. It still curled! The yarn is Bernat Cashmere.
DNA scarf - blocking on rolled towel - full view DNA scarf - close up

Heart scarf - blocking
The other scarf was gifted to Marianne, Dr A's assistant. I just had to make something special for her since she's had to council me on the phone while I'm crying hysterically about mistreatment and denial of claims and whatnot. She's a super sweet woman and this was the least I could do to show my appreciation so I made here this Heart scarf from Bernat Alpaca. Pardon the picture quality; I was in a big hurry!

No comments: