Tuesday, December 9, 2008

There's GOLD in them there...

Well, maybe not gold and certainly not found in the "hills of Detroit". But I just had a pleasant Christmas discovery when cleaning up my desk area. I had made these little index cards with knit stitch patterns written out on them and stuffed into a plastic sleeve. My Grandmother used to put everything in plastic including recipes cards, sewing notes and crocheting instructions, kid's games, etc. I suppose it's my attempt to be like her in a minute way, but I'm way too unorganized for such tedious work, plus when I need to know how to do the trinity stitch for instance I simply Google it rather than reach for a pile of unsorted cards in plastic sleeves.

So my point is.... back when I put these few cards together I slid some fun money in between the cards! Yep that's right.... there was $60 stuffed in there! This is better than finding loose change in the couch or favorite Chapstick in the pocket of your winter coat on the first wearing of the season.

No comments: